Raising Upright Kids in an Upside Down World
2 in stock
From raunchy television shows to immoral peers, the barriers to raising moral and mature children are higher and more treacherous than ever. In Raising Upright Kids in an Upside-Down World, acclaimed Catholic psychologist Dr. Ray Guarendi offers parents a roadmap through this difficult and sometimes frightening terrain.
Dr. Ray brings to bear his decades of clinical experience and his experience as a father of ten with some of the hardest questions of modern parenting:
- How do you manage kids access to pop culture and to the corporations who all want a piece of their allowance?
- How do you respond to others, including your own family, who don’t approve of your countercultural parenting?
- How do you handle the overabundance of stuff toys, clothes, technology that clogs up your family’s everyday life?
- When do you give (or take away) a smartphone?
- How much freedom do you give your kids to choose their own friends and when do you step in when they make wrong choices?
- What are the habits of mind you need to form in them so they can stand strong against a morally and spiritually corrosive culture?
Raising Upright Kids in an Upside-Down World is a clarion call for strong, confident parenting in confusing times. More importantly, Dr. Ray gives you the resources to grow in that confidence: the knowledge of an expert, the insight of an experienced clinician, and the wisdom of decades of fatherhood. This is a book for parents who aim to form children who value the things of God, no matter the work and the effort. Dr. Ray is here to tell you: it’s worth it.
|Dimensions||8.9 × 5.8 × .7 in|